The Romanian Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (RSBMB) has its headquarters in Bucharest.
The Romanian Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (RSBMB) is a scientific, professional and non-governmental organization gathering people working in biochemical research, industry and education, in Romania.
- To organize collaborations in the biochemistry field at a national level
- To promote basic and applied scientific research in biochemistry
- To provide the link between research and education aiming in the formation of highly qualified biochemists
- To organize periodically National Conferences and other meetings such as workshops, symposia, round tables in specialized areas of biochemistry
- To provide the publication of the scientific communications presented at the Society meetings
- To promote at International level the high impact scientific discoveries of the Society members
- To initiate, promote and organize international collaborations with other European Biochemical Societies, Institutes and Laboratories
RSBMB aims to promote this vision in Romania and hosts all those interested to contribute to the progress of this field and the dissemination of knowledge. It provides therefore the framework for debate and dialogue related to the structure, results and future of the Romanian Molecular Life Science research and education – by Meetings, Seminars, Courses and Publications. Also it aims to create the necessary bridges between experts, authorities and the public to confront sensible issues and concerns generated by the advance of this scientific field.
It is organized in territorial branches, functioning in main Centers in Romania: Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Constanța, Craiova, Galați, Iasi, Oradea, Timisoara.
RSBMB is affiliated to the Federation of European Biochemical Societies (FEBS) and the International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (IUBMB).
RSBMB was established in 1990 and became member of FEBS the same year.
Dr Norica Nichita
Societatea Romana de Biochimie si Biologie
MolecularaInstitute of Biochemistry
Splaiul Independentei 296
Visit this member’s website at www.biochim.ro