The Romanian Society for Biochemistry & Molecular Biology (RSBMB), Banat Branch has as source of members the following academic institutions:
- The „Victor Babes” University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Timisoara, has provided outstanding higher medical education and training, medical research and highly skilled healthcare for over five decades.
- The achievements of this half century are the result of the hard work and dedication of the teaching staff, students and the technical and administrative staff.
- Basic and applied research are closely related within the AERL.
- The institute offers its interdisciplinary theoretical- and methodical competences in the field of environmental research to all interested companies, authorities and research organizations and is also interested in the integration within international projects also by co-ordinating them.
- The AERL is open to all requests of companies, which would either like to develop their methods and products in an environmental friendly way, or to process them on base of new methods or processes.
- The missions of the BUASVMT are teaching, research, university extension, and consultancy. At the beginning of the XXI century, the Romanian rural and agro alimentary system currently undergoes an ample process of reorganization and development.
- The university contributes to designing guidelines for agricultural development and to forecasting in agriculture. The university cannot function “independently” of the system within which it works, and must adapt to the market economy in that its main products – the specialist and science – be sought and valued on the market.
- The main goal of the BUASVMT is the achievement of the highest academic and technical competences by graduates. Their ability to integrate professionally in the agro alimentary system and other related systems represent the major concern of the BUASVMT’s management.